- Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2–3 paragraphs in length.
- Use MS Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all three questions in one Word document.
- Copy and paste each question within the document, so that your Instructor can see which question you are responding to.
1. After reviewing pages 375-386 in your course text, summarize how children’s socializing experiences relate to the physical, economic, social, and personal conditions of the community in which they live.
2. Communities can offer families vital prevention, support, and rehabilitation services. Review pages 390-396 in your text. Choose one example from each of these areas and explain why each is integral to healthy child and family development.
3. It can be said that caring communities “improve the opportunities for every young person, regardless of circumstances, to become a healthy, secure, educated, economically self-sufficient, and productive adult” (Berns, 2015, p. 396). From your perspective as a future early childhood professional, identify and explain three ways that a caring community can meet the needs of young children and their families, including those with the greatest needs