Assignment: Topic Exploration and Analysis (Proposal)
In Week 6 of this course, you will submit an 8-page research paper (Final Project) in which you are required to:
- Analyze an important social change movement of the pre-modern era (pre-1945).
- Analyze an important social change movement of the modern era (post 1945).
- Compare and contrast both movements.
- Analyze and explain the leadership structure of both movements. Who led these social change efforts? Was it an individual or a collective effort? What prompted individuals to become leaders of the movements?
- Analyze how the movements parallel or complement each other.
- Evaluate the success of these movements in promoting social change.
This week, as part of the Final Project writing process, you will complete a Topic Exploration and Analysis (Proposal). In this proposal, you will select your research topics (the two social change movements), create a beginning outline of what you plan to cover in the Final Project, provide a short summary of your initial research findings, and provide an initial bibliography.
- Review the Final Project Guidelines document, located in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Select and begin to research a social change movement pertinent to the pre-modern era (pre-1945). For ideas, look at content contained in Weeks 1–3 of this course. Pay particular attention to the selection of readings in the course text for each of these weeks.
- Select and begin to research one of the following social change movements pertinent to the modern era (post 1945):
- African American civil rights movement
- Chicano movement
- American Indian or ”Red Power” movement
- Women’s rights movement
- LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) rights movement
- Disability rights movement
- Maintain a listing of scholarly resources that you locate and are using. The Walden Library provides a rich selection of material. Keep in mind that websites are generally not considered sources of scholarly material.
Note: In your initial research this week, look at the historical background of each issue, the leadership structure in each movement, examples of specific changes that resulted related to each movement, and challenges the movement faced or is still facing. Consider the impact, successes, and failures of each movement.
Write a 1- to 2-page essay that includes:
- Identification of the two social movements you will address in your Final Project
- A brief outline of what you plan to cover in the paper
- A short summary of your initial research findings
- A bibliography of resources you used
Need a similar essay? We have qualified writers who can assist. Click ORDER NOW to get a special bonus- Up to 18% Discount Offer!!!