Week 6: Completing the MSN Evidence-based Practice Proposal
This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to complete their MSN EBP proposal. Students will apply faculty feedback from prior work demonstrated through correction of prior submissions of the proposal; and submit a fully corrected copy based on feedback from their faculty on prior graded course assignments. This assignment includes the final sections of the proposal which is the solution impact and translation of the results.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO#1 Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1, 2, 7, 9)
CO#2 Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 7, 9, 11)
CO#4 Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 2, 6, 9)
CO#5 Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic nursing care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 2, 4, 7, 9, 10)
Due Date Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week Six
Total Points: 85 points
Description of the Assignment
For this assignment, the student will review all prior work and assignments for the course preparing a corrected and complete MSN EBP project proposal based on faculty feedback provided on each assignment. This assignment includes the final sections of the proposal which is solution description and translation of the results.
Criteria for Content
1. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page and Appendices) should be at least 15, but no more than 30 pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements.
2. Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
3. This paper is a complete correction of all prior assignments that combined become the MSN EBP project proposal. All corrections and suggestions made by faculty on prior work is to present. Students will explain the evaluation plan and discuss how the results from the proposal will or would be translated into practice and disseminated throughout their specialty track.
4. The paper should be presented in the following ordered sections:
· Title Page
· Overview of Selected Evidenced-based Practice Project
· Application of area of interest to specialty track
· Nursing issue with supportive evidence
· Evidence-based practice question
· Research literature support
· Theoretical framework
· Change model
· Research approach and design
· Data collection methods/processes and analysis of data
· Solution impact
· Translation of results
· Appendix A: Research Critique Table
5. Assignment Revision: The student is to include the information from Week 4 assignment (Refinement of Research Literature, Framework, Design and Sampling). All revisions identified from faculty feedback are to be included. The conclusion from Week 4 should be removed.
6. Information from Week 5 assignment (Data Collection Methodology and Analysis) is included even though faculty review is not yet complete. By including this information, prior to faculty review, the entire EBP project proposal is complete.
7. Solution Impact: In this section, the student assumes that a positive outcome was determined by collected data and identifies a process by which the practice change will be evaluated. Using the selected change model, the student will provide a detailed plan for implementation of the results. Outcome measures that will be used to determine ongoing successful implementation of this EBP project are presented. In addition, the student will identify how the stakeholders will experience improved outcome(s) from the implementation of the results of this EBP project.
8. Translation of Results: In this section, as an advance practice nurse in your specialty track, you present how you would provide a clear vision regarding the implementation of the results to members of your specialty track. An explanation of how to overcome one barrier to the implementation of your EBP project results is required. A comprehensive discussion of the resources needed to implement your results is also required. Possible ways to disseminate the results of this EBP project to member of your specialty track is to be presented
9. Conclusion: For this section the student is to present the key points of the entire EBP project proposal. Self-reflection upon the learned that occurred from this writing this assignment is required.
Preparing the Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should not exceed 30 (thirty) pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements.
2. Headings are required and these should be formatted following APA requirements
3. Title page, body of paper, reference page(s), and appendix must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual.
4. Provide your references, formatted in APA style, as a reference page.
5. This assignment must be submitted to TurnItIn™, as required by the TurnItIn™ policy. A Similarity Index of 24% or less must be obtained; this is the benchmark for CCN graduate nursing students. Any other level of similarity index requires the student to revise the assignment before the due date and time. To allow sufficient time for revision, early submission of the assignment to TurnItIn™ is highly encouraged. The final submission will be graded by faculty. If a TurnItin™ report indicates that plagiarism has occurred, the Academic Integrity policy will be followed.
Order a similar high quality essay at a special discount- 12% Off!!!