Briefly discuss how gaining more knowledge of nursing theory through participation in this course has improved your clinical practice thus far. Please be sure to provide specific examples. As a reminder, you do not need to cite scholarly sources as this is a reflection post.
Archive for December 4th, 2019
Briefly discuss how gaining more knowledge of nursing theory through participation in this course has improved your clinical practice thus far.
initial Post Instructions
Explain how a liberal and conservative would approach developing the US budget. Use evidence (cite sources) to support your response from assigned readings or online lessons, and at least one outside scholarly source.
Congressional Budget Office. (2017). The Federal budget in 2017. Retrieved from https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53624
What do you do to ensure you have the correct knowledge and skills to improve student comprehension and depth of knowledge?
Effective teachers know their content and continue to improve their own understanding within the disciplines to ensure student learning. Are there subjects or topics that you struggle to teach? What do you do to ensure you have the correct knowledge and skills to improve student comprehension and depth of knowledge?
Required Resources: Thinking Critically About Ethical Issues 8th edition by Vincent Ruggiero
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 8
- Minimum of 1 professional ethics code
Different ways to analyze ethical behaviors and dilemmas exist, and many of them will help direct you to the correct or “best” solution to a problem. As we discussed in Week 1, sometimes right vs. right or wrong vs. wrong decisions have to be made.
In the lesson this week, you are given three ethical dilemma resolution models to try out on a dilemma provided there. Please review that interactive before working on this assignment
Initial Post Instructions
For this discussion, address one of the following questions:
- Review the sample solution to the Laura Nash method. Do you agree with that analysis? If so, what parts do you think really helped you work through the dilemma? If not, which parts do you not agree with?
- Review the sample solution to the Front Page of the Newspaper method. Do you think this is one of those types of dilemmas for which this model works? If not, why not? If so, why? How did using this method help you work through the dilemma?
- Review the sample solution to the Blanchard and Peale method. Do you agree with the analysis? If not, why not? If so, in what way did this help you analyze this dilemma?
Be sure to show that you have viewed the lecture and interactive and that you attempted an analysis for “high quality” posts this week.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Respond to one peer who chose a different question than you chose. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Photovoice is a method used to visually represent a concept or idea. When you use the method of photovoice to explain a phenomena, idea, or circumstance, you think and communicate more deeply through symbols and representation. In turn, your audience may start to see what you describe in new ways.
Please review the document titled “Examples of Photovoice” to get a sense of how photos can be used to symbolize, represent or exemplify an abstract concept. The photo that you upload can be a photograph that you take yourself or an image you found from another source (Be sure to provide an appropriate reference for any photo that is not your own). Any photo that you upload must not be of a person or a group of people. Their faces cannot be identifiable because this would violate their privacy. Again, take a look of some of the examples in the document to get ideas.
For this discussion, choose one of the NASW Code of Ethics (2008) values listed below that influenced your decision to become a social worker.
- Social justice
- Dignity and worth of the person
- Importance of human relationships
By Day 4
Post a photograph that represents or symbolizes the value. Then, briefly explain why you chose this photograph and describe how it represents your personal and professional value.
*For detailed instructions on how to upload your photograph, see “Examples of Photovoice” in Resources.tity
Identify one major challenge (i.e. technology, policy, economic, personnel, global influence, educational…) facing leaders in the Purchasing and Supply Management field today and make two recommendations on how this challenge might be addressed to ensure
Identify one major challenge (i.e. technology, policy, economic, personnel, global influence, educational…) facing leaders in the Purchasing and Supply Management field today and make two recommendations on how this challenge might be addressed to ensure organizational success.
1. Write a short essay (800-1,000 words; 3-4 pages) that provides a critical and thoughtful response to the prompt presented above.
1. Perform appropriate research that will support your response to the prompt and meet these criteria:
a. Use at least three (3) scholarly journal articles.
b. Two of these articles must have been published within the last 5 years.
2. Follow APA style guidelines for citations and reference page. Please use APA Level 1 headings and organize the essay in a logical sequence.
3. Demonstrate the mastery of technology skills by meeting following criteria:
Prepare your essay in MS Word with 1-inch margins on all sides, double-spaced and 12 pt. Times new Roman font. Use page numbers
What impact would it have on the government funded healthcare plan? Would it create a two-tiered healthcare system one for the general public and the other for the privileged class?
discus the following questions
1, Chronic health issues continue to affect individuals globally, especially when combined with poverty and government is unable to support it citizens. According to the National Intelligence Council, of the seven deadly diseases globally, polio, malaria, and HIV, along with TB, is likely to account for the overwhelming majority of deaths domestically and internationally. Knowing this, discuss the pros and cons of addressing chronic diseases like polio, malaria, and HIV. What steps can be taken to eliminate these diseases.
2,The U.S. is the only country without a publicly financed universal health system; however, New care models that reward health care providers based on their patient population’s health outcomes (e.g., accountable care organizations) are an interesting development. Such accountability could create a business case for health care providers to invest in certain social services or other nonclinical interventions, if doing so would be a cost-effective way to improve patients’ health.
Compare any country with a universal health system to the U.S. health system in terms of cost and access. What impact would it have on the government funded healthcare plan? Would it create a two-tiered healthcare system one for the general public and the other for the privileged class?
3,The Syrian refugee crisis has gained unprecedented momentum in recent months. An estimated of 9 million refugees have fled their homes since the outbreak of civil war in March 2011 taking refuge in neighboring countries. Three million Syrian have resettled in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, and Iraq, which has created the worse refugee crisis to affect the region in years. What are some of the impacts and challenges of the influx of Syrian refugees on the health care system in the Middle East?
4,There has been a lot in the news lately when it comes to the health care system here in the United States. The system has grown exponentially over the past decade. In 2006, “health care expenditures reached $2.2 trillion, which translates to $7,421 per person or 16.2 percent of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product. The health-spending share of GDP reached 16.2 percent, up from 16.0 percent in 2006” (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2009, para. 1). With these figures along, you can understand the urgency behind containing cost, making accessible, and ensuring quality is important in health care. Making this also more beneficial for vulnerable populations. Are the difficulties inherent in the present U.S. health system caused by the private insurance companies or by too much government involvement? Explain your answer.
On August 15, 2012, Google announced an agreement to acquire Motorola Mobility, based in Libertyville, Illinois, for $40 per share. Both boards of directors approved the deal (Google).
Describe why this was or was not a good economic decision for Google. Please incorporate what you have learned in Chapters 5 and 6 into your post. Defend your position. Minimum 200 words.
When a team is working well together and the project is proceeding as planned, what can happen to derail even the high-performing teams?
300 Words/ No Plagiarism
Teams have been a part of organizations for many years, with the functions and purposes changing as the needs of the organization have changed. A common emotion for individuals is to have an individual approach to their work rather than a collective effort. With this in mind, answer the following questions:
- How do teams bring value to an organization?
- How are high-performing teams built?
- When a team is working well together and the project is proceeding as planned, what can happen to derail even the high-performing teams?
1. The Incident Command System (ICS) is a tool for:
A. Command, control, and coordination at an incident
B. Interagency responses only
C. Multi-jurisdictional responses only
D. Responses involving first-response personnel only
2. ICS can be used to manage all types of incidents.
3. Federal law requires that ICS be used for all natural disasters.
4.The ICS General Staff includes:
A. Branch, Division, Group, and Unit managers
B. All managers of operational resources.
C. Planning, Operations, Logistics, and Finance/Administration Section Chiefs
D. Incident Commander and the Information, Safety, and Liaison Officers
5. All incidents, regardless of size, will have an Incident Commander.
6. In an ICS environment, the optimum span of control is:
A. Two (2) resources
B. Five (5) resources
C. Eight (8) resources
D. Ten (10) resources
7. Which section is responsible for providing incident facilities?
8. Which section is responsible for documenting the status of resources, incident response, and developing the IAP?
9. The Incident Commander is responsible for all the following EXCEPT:
A. Protecting life and property
B. Controlling resources assigned to the incident
C. Maintaining accountability
D. Coordinating the community-wide response
10. Given what you know about your agency, your job and you capabilities, where would you most likely be assigned in an ICS structure? To whom would you report? Be sure to include what your job is or would be during an event.